Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Barry Gibbs' Woman In Love



I think Barbra Streisand doesn't understand the lyrics of this song when she said (in Wikipedia):

"Streisand has openly stated that she doesn't like the song because she doesn't believe in the meaning of the lyrics. She has rarely performed the song live; she did, however, sing it on a couple of dates on her 2013 European tour."


Barry Gibb is a genius. You can tell through his lyrics what he knows, and the way he goes about giving certain songs to certain musicians, even the way he sings his own songs. You can see him all over the place with his words from his mind. He's brilliant. He's a genius. And I love this song. Thank you Barry. It's beautiful.










Woman In Love

Life is a moment in space
When the dream is gone
It's a lonelier place
I kiss the morning goodbye
But down inside you know
We never know why
The road is narrow and long
When eyes meet eyes
And the feeling is strong
I turn away from the wall
I stumble and fall
But I give you it all

[Chorus]
I am a woman in love
And I'd do anything
To get you into my world
And hold you within
It's a right I defend
Over and over again
What do I do?

With you eternally mine
In love there is
No measure of time
We planned it all at the start
That you and I
Would live in each other's hearts
We may be oceans away
You feel my love
I hear what you say
No truth is ever a lie
I stumble and fall
But I give you it all

[Chorus]

I am a woman in love
And I'm talking to you
Do you know how it feels?
What a woman can do
It's a right
That I defend over and over again

Songwriters: GIBB, BARRY ALAN/GIBB, ROBIN HUGH




     Mh, hmhmhmhm. What do I do? 


What do you do... for a living?








No comments:

Post a Comment