Monday, September 25, 2017

Herbal Health. Plants that heal.


     This is a fascinating book I have here. It's written by a German couple, called "The Family Herbal" by Barbara & Peter Theiss. Here are some excerpts:

Page 4: "Prevention means cleaning out, purifying, and detoxifying on a regular basis--even daily."

Page 6: "Another way to involve yourself with herbs is by collecting them, harvesting, processing, and preserving them, and preparing them for use."

Page 8: "In the summer of 1972, I was back in my favorite place taking a two-week long fasting cure. Fasting always heightens my senses and even makes me a little clairvoyant; indeed, it makes me feel closer to heaven. This time, I had a clear and powerful vision of how people could really heal themselves with herbs. I saw how sick people have to seek out in a truly spiritual manner the plant that can cure them, how they must approach the plant with reverence and ask for help, whereupon the herb will offer up its healing energy for them. (that's how I found my friend the 5-leaf ivy which I just finished harvesting and it's drying. I just made some mushroom potato soup and put a few ladels of that tea into the broth, and it's delicious! You use the woody vine, chop it up into small pieces with kitchen scissors or pruning sheers, boil it in water then simmer for 20 minutes and you have a beautiful amber coloured light flavored tea. Yup, that plant talked to me when I asked what it was good for, and then when I went to read up on it, I found it's exactly that...except the plant told me a bit more about its properties than the books had written in them.) I saw myself as an intermediary who would show sick people what to do. And I saw myself--actually my spirit, my true nature and purpose--as a healer. Anyone who has had a similar experience and has felt just how far back our roots reach into our unconscious past will know what an inner strength and powerful sense of purpose this gave me."

Alright, here's my recipe for Mushroom Potato soup. I chopped half a large white onion and diced two stalks of celery, placed it into a pot with grapeseed oil and fried it. Then I peeled two medium large red potatoes and chopped them up into bite size pieces, and I took about 10 large mushrooms, de-stem, then lay flat and chop into bite size pieces, chop the round stem into smaller pieces. Then I put about a cup and a half of chicken broth into the pot and put the potatoes and mushrooms into it. Let it cook. It finishes quick because it's all bite size pieces. Then I took a bunch of parsley and chopped it, about 2 heaping tablespoons, and then chopped garlic, about one and a half tablespoon (flat, not heaping). Then I put about three or four ladels of the 5-leaf Ivy tea into the pot, let it simmer a bit, and I added my own powdered mixture of hot Thai seasoning, then added the parsley and garlic and turned off the heat. It's so delicious. The potatoes are good for lifting the spirits because it works on the "happy cells" of the brain, besides other things. The parsley is good for cleaning out the body. The tea is good for the respiratory system. The garlic is good for the immune system. The mushrooms are good for keeping the body youthful and elastic, just like they are, squishy, hahaha. The onion and celery are good for flavor! and other things. Sea salt is good for minerals the body needs. I forget what's in the hot Thai seasoning. I should have wrote it down because I really like it. Oh well, I can always invent a new seasoning, lol.





Swedish Bitters are yummy! I bought some at the herbal store. I put one tablespoon into a glass of water. Very nice. They're good for everything. Just drink as a tonic.

No comments:

Post a Comment