Monday, September 18, 2017

Liver Pate, Nutrient Rich Food


     Yesterday I decided to make some liver pate. I found this lady's blogsite, Nina, who has some great recipes.

Nina's Chicken Liver Pate With Jelly, Recipe

The art of jelly. I'm having so much fun with this! Haha. I'm learning to layer, and different flavors, to see how that goes. I've started off quite simple. Just a roll of liver pate already made, then took some hard boiled eggs, fried some onion and celery and added some herbs. Put it all together in a blender with some parsley and then mixed some jelly juice with chicken broth and blended it until smooth. Then put it into glass containers, so I could "see" the progress. I've begun another kind too, where I put the jelly on the bottom (its hardening right now), then I'm going to add some other liverwurst to it, then let that set a bit, and put another layer of jelly. This is turning out to be really fun.

One day, I'll get chicken liver, cook it up and make it like this lady has in the recipe. Then I'll find some duck and even goose livers! After all this experimenting, I'm sure I'll be able to make a fine liver pate.





Oh, by the way. I love liver.... and especially jellied! I'm going to see all the different things I can jelly that will make life more fun and enjoyable. I already have jellied raspberries. Very nice colour when you squish some of them. Then I jellied blueberries. You won't get any colour in the jelly if you don't squeeze some of that blue skin around. Then I jellied those black sweet cherries. I first had to cut them to take out the pits. The same thing with the blueberries. If you don't squeeze the cherries, the jelly won't get coloured much. Also, the blueberries do better with a little sugar in the jelly. But the sweet cherries don't need any. Just experimenting... having fun...


No comments:

Post a Comment